1. The list of duties is not exhaustive as it does not cover other important duties like casting vote, paying taxes, family planning and so on.
2. Some of the duties are vague, ambiguous and difficult to be understood by the common man.
3. They have been described by the critics as a code of moral precepts due to their non-justiciable character.
4. Their inclusion in the Constitution was described by the critics as superfluous because the duties included in the Constitution as fundamental would be performed by the people even though they were not incorporated in the Constitution.
5. The critics said that the inclusion of fundamental duties as an appendage to Part IV of the Constitution has reduced their value and significance.